Thursday, November 6, 2008

I did it again

I walked into my office this morning and reached to the right to turn on the lights. Weird, because we've been in our new office space for over one year, and the light switch is on the left. (It was on the right in the old office.) Habit. Habit. Habit. It takes forever to break a habit. In fact I wonder if habits ever go away, or do they lie there dormant waiting for some unknown trigger? That is why I am also wondering (in light of election results) if the bad habits of bickering, name-calling, partisanship, not working together, and fighting with each other can be changed? Because really, hasn't this all become just a bad habit? Could these habits really be changed so that our country, our politicians, and our legislators can come together and work together to find solutions for the very real problems that face us all today? I guess we will just have to wait and see.

No comments: