Friday, September 25, 2009

Are you trusted?

Forgive me. I do not have much good to say about the online ticket sales industry. (Company to remain anonymous.) Every time I use them I get mad. Expensive. I get kicked off if I don't act fast enough. Concert is sold out. Service fees - what service? Anyway, this morning they did follow up with me for my comments on how I liked the concert. I thought it was an excellent example of how social media can be used in our associations. See what other people thought, share your experience, post a photo, make a connection. I was okay with it all until they started to ask about my personal preferences. No way am I going to share any of that with some unknown and untrusted entity. Is that the real value of associations? We can be the TRUSTED collectors of and distributors of dynamic, useful, can't get anywhere else information - because our members trust us and are willing to tell us about themselves - what they know, what they need, what they want, and who they are. Something to think about....

No comments: