Monday, September 26, 2011

It's Official

I hate the holidays. Always have, probably always will. But yesterday - September 25, I stopped by JoAnn Fabrics - walked down the "halloween lane" turned the corner into the "Christmas aisle" to the tune of White Christmas. That did it. I put down the items that I was going to purchase, found a clerk, expressed my dismay - disgust - disappointment at the Christmas music, and left the store.

It is absolutely official. I will not shop in any store that dares to play Christmas music before November (which really is too early too). I will try to forgive the holiday decorations, but it will be hard. If this nonsense by retail stores continues, I'll just have to shop online, which is probably what they want me to do anyway. Oh the tangled webs we weave! Maybe the money I will spend on shipping and postage will help the USPO.

No comments: